Download pdf version
If you or your Optometrist suspects you are experiencing symptoms of ocular surface disease then we would recommend attending a Tear Clinic consultation.
Initial 40-minute consultation
- We will monitor your ocular surface health using appropriate tests and questionnaires to help track your symptoms.
- During your consultation we will evaluate:
- the saltiness of your tears with a TearLab osmolarity test
- the quality of your tear film
- your blink pattern
- your oil producing glands using LipiView II Dynamic Meibomian Imaging technology
- Tailor-made plan to manage symptoms at home
Prior to your Tear Clinic consultation, we advise you to:
- Cease use of any drops or ointment for at least 24 hours. If your drops are required to control the pressure within your eye, please use at least 4 hours before your appointment.
- Remove contact lenses at least 4 hours prior to your assessment.
- Avoid use of oil-based facial cosmetics around the eye on the day of your assessment.
- Do not swim in a chlorinated pool for at least 12 hours prior to your appointment.
- Please bring a list of your current medication.
- Please bring in a list of products you have used to manage dry eye or the actual products used at present.
- Tests or drops used will not affect your ability to drive
Initial Consultation & Review Fee
Prices will differ depending on whether you are part of our direct debit professional care plan (Eyelife).
These may be recommended to you by the Optometrist at your consultation
Tier 1 Recommendation of drops/products
||Cost of products recommended
|Tier 2 BlephEx and E-Eye
|Tier 3 BlephEx, E-Eye and Lipiflow
Demodex Treatment (includes two boxes of Cliradex)
|Dissolvable Punctal Plugs
|Permanent Punctal Plugs
You will receive a report following the consultation which will help guide you in how to manage your symptoms at home. To ensure ongoing relief from dry eye we recommend:
Option 1: £150.00 Annual Dry Eye Review appointment
Option 2: £20.00/month Dry Eyelife
If you are already enjoying the benefits of Eyelife, you can upgrade your existing direct debit to Dry Eyelife. Benefits include:
- Annual Dry Eye Review appointment
- 35% Spectacle discount
- 35% Sunglass discount
- Eye exams included + Optomap ultra-widefield & OCT retinal imaging
- 50% off repairs and replacement spectacles
- Family discount
- Eligible for home delivery of products (additional fee depends on products used)